I’ve been eating lots of meals which are mostly-but-not-completely local, but one of my meals which is most consistently all-local is breakfast. Omelets have been in heavy rotation this past month, and I never seem to get tired of them. They make a great lunch too. The breakfast I’m profiling consisted of an omelet with cheddar cheese and a mix of greens from my garden, with sausage on the side. Yum!
- Eggs from our neighbor
- Cheese from Cabot Creamery
- Greens (senposai, tatsoi, & kale) from my garden
- Sausage from the Wardens in Barnet (this is some of the best sausage I’ve ever had!)
- Coffee (well, I guess I cheated) from Vermont Coffee Company in Middlebury, with…
- Raw milk from Tamarlane Farm in Lyndon