This week’s meal looks boringly monochrome in the picture, but it was a lovely tapestry of flavors and textures: spicy chicken, crunchy & salty potatoes, sweet and creamy squash. Boneless chicken thighs were cooked in a cast iron frying pan with bacon fat, onions, garlic, spices (cumin and chili powder), and a splash of homemade chicken broth, then a grating of cheddar cheese and a few spoonfuls of salsa were added to the top of each thigh and the pan was put under the broiler for a few minutes. We also had fried potatoes and baked squash (again!).
Thanks to this week’s farmers and producers:
- Chandler Pond Farm in South Wheelock: onions, delicata squash, bacon fat, chicken broth (from a chicken enjoyed at a previous meal)
- Harvest Hill Farm in Walden: garlic
- Peaslee’s in Guildhall: potatoes
- Misty Knoll Farm in New Haven: chicken thighs
- Cabot Creamery in Cabot: cheddar cheese
- Salsa Romero in East Burke: salsa (locally produced but not locally grown)